Friday, February 12, 2010

Layer and Texture Photos

For this photo, I took several photos of friends against a brown,
carpet wall. My goal was to create an image that looked like
several different people in one spot. This would represent
that whatever you looked like, we are all human. I took the
photos where the people were slightly to the right so it would
follow the rule of thirds.

For my first texture photo, I took a picture of my friend,
Brynna. The camera that I used picked up alot of detail
in her hair and face which I like a lot. Her face is also in focus
while the rest of her is not. Her head is also slightly off to
the right side which follows the rule of thirds. For the
texture layers, I used old scrapbook paper from our
basement and I took a picture of the frost off my 
car to add a little more texture. 

For my second texture photo, I took a picture
of one of our Youth Group leader's kids. The depth 
of field adds to the photo and the detail in the top of 
her hair is really good. She is off to the right side
slightly which follows the rule of thirds. For
the texture layers, I used an old, crinkled paper bag.
It turned the background from an ugly grey to a
light brown which helps make her pop. 



No comments:

Post a Comment